Wide show arm flange?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pat G.

Reaction score
My half-wit tile installer (aka me) went a little crazy with the angle grinder and about 1/4" of the cuts show behind the Moen-supplied shower flange, which is a standard 2 1/2" OD.

I've tried googling to find a wide flange to no avail. Does such a thing exist? Any other ideas on hiding/fixing my error short of trying to remove the grout and tile?

pat-g-01.jpg

(not sure why the photo appears sideways on my screen, but I can assure you that I was actually smart enough not to install the shower arm 90-degree off from where it should be!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
I think the shower arm size is a little smaller OD than 1/2 IPS.

Escutcheons, pipe hole covers, shower arm wall plates (plumbingsupply.com)

Designer Extra Wide Heavy Brass Escutcheons
overall outside diameter: 3" (expensive)

Stylish Deluxe Shower Arm Escutcheons with Set Screw
overall outside diameter: 2-3/4" (not expensive)​

3 inch... Delta Shower Arm Flange in Chrome-RP34356 - The Home Depot

2.5 inch square: MOEN Shower Arm Flange in Chrome-147572 - The Home Depot

I am confident there are others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A larger flange should solve that, but if you take the goo from your wetsaw after cutting some tile, let it dry, then mix it with some epoxy, you might be able to fill those cuts in and not be too noticeable. This assumes that the tile are a through-body (but it looks like those are glazed, so it probably wouldn't work).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks