Why I like plastic seats

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I sell wood seats that are painted, however they can break like the one pictured below, and the paint can stain or chip. I guess I'm saying that if you want a new looking seat, then painted wood isn't the right choice for very long.
A good quality plastic seat will last longer, and they can be cleaned.

broken_church.jpg

Zl700

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes, but wood seats cost $1-2 less, and thats what cheap o's want-LOL

I remember the story of the seat cracking under the weight, and pinching the rear end of a person every time they attempted to get up-OUCH!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I had one tentative customer that wanted a guarantee that if he kept breaking the wood seats that we would keep replacing them.
I let that customer go, I wouldn't sell him a seat.

I did sit on the seat above, it's at my mom's house.
I didn't have my work van with me, just my camera. I need to run over there and put a plastic seat on for her.
I thought I had one on it, but I think my brother changed it. Goofy.

CarlH

Reaction score
I gave up on wood seats a while ago, but not because they broke or cracked. They stain easier and often the particle board begins to blister after repeated exposures to moisture. Also for those cold winter mornings, I think the plastic is less of a shock to sit on. I do think the lower profile of the sitting surface on the Church wooden seats more comfortable though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks