whoops

Users who are viewing this thread

murdock327

Reaction score
the other day my pump lost its prime,we found the problem to be a 20yr+ old cast elbow that had developed some pin holes apon trying to disconnect the union the pvc pipe that goes down into the well broke off at the top,falling into the well my father and i bought another foot valve and installed a new pipe (we could see water and measured it at fifteen feet down) putting the foot valve around ten to fifteen feet under water and it worked fine for a few days and quit we belive that the old pipe is being sucked up and blocking the water flow so my problem now is weither i can get the old pipe out. is there a special tool i can buy or rent for such a task or am i going to have to install a new well?

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
There is a tool for just such a job, but I don't think you will be able to find one. Its called an overshot tool. Most tools for fishing pipe or pumps out are custom made.
There are tools to get just about anything out of a hole.

This is just my opinion.
The safest and probably the quickest way to get it out, is to get a well guy to come get it out.
If you use a well guy, use one that has been in the business for at least fifteen years. Someone that has not had much experience with wells, will waste your time, and more importantly your money.

Travis

Speedbump

Reaction score
A taper tap is another good tool for this, but it should be attached to a set of jars in case you get it stuck. Most drillers that do fishing should have one of these.

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Fishing tools!

Everyone has a good idea, Overshot; tappered tap and others.

Sometimes a right hand wound coil spring the size of the fish (dropped pipe) welded to a coupling can be run into the well and turned around (sprung) onto the fish (dropped pipe). Try the spring first to see that it will spring around and attach it's self to the top of the fish.

www.dci-inc.us

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks