Whole house shutoff/leak detection system

Users who are viewing this thread

Big Teddy

Reaction score
I'm looking for a whole house shutoff/leak detection system. Anyone have any suggestions for this? I have a well water supply and I have seen a few types of systems for this. Most systems seem to use a shutoff motorized ball valve that just doesn't make sense to me because of the placement in a well system. If you place it between the pump and the pressure switch then when a leak is detected it will close the supply from the pump but the pump will still run because the pressure switch will demand water due to the leak. It will either burn out the pump or rupture a pipe in the well due to over pressure. If you mount it after the pressure switch, any leak upstream (Tank, Manifold, Etc) will just keep leaking because the pressure switch will keep demand for water because of the low pressure created due to the leak. Make sense?

Thanks
Ted

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks