Whole house low flow water issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would think about digging near the meter then. It may be a waste of time, or it may not.

But first, ask the city what their pressure is at the street. If they say incoming is 60 PSI, then I would guess that there never was a PRV there.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I think pic 2463 is the cold water coming off of the main water pipe coming from the meter. I'm guessing its on a tee and split off.
I think you are saying that the copper pipe near the corner is the pipe from the meter. I don't see a tee.

Follow that pipe. What happens next. Valve? Tee to some places?

Greg814

Reaction score
I think you are saying that the copper pipe near the corner is the pipe from the meter. I don't see a tee.

Follow that pipe. What happens next. Valve? Tee to some places?

I meant I'm guessing there's a tee since its underground and I can't see it until i start digging the front yard up so I can see the main water pipe coming from the meter.

Reach4

Reaction score
I meant I'm guessing there's a tee since its underground and I can't see it until i start digging the front yard up so I can see the main water pipe coming from the meter.
I would not expect a tee after the meter to the house, unless you have a yard hydrant that is not attached to the house.

Is there a valve on one of the candidate pipes coming up from the floor before a visible tee? That corner pipe looks like a good candidate.

Greg814

Reaction score
I would not expect a tee after the meter to the house, unless you have a yard hydrant that is not attached to the house.

Is there a valve on one of the candidate pipes coming up from the floor before a visible tee? That corner pipe looks like a good candidate.

The only shut off valve is the one for the water heater and the meter shut off and of course the shut offs for the individual fixtures.

Reach4

Reaction score
If you need to get some work done, get a new ball shutoff valve, and get a spigot added that you can screw a pressure gauge to. Or you could add a new Sharkbite shutoff valve and a tee for a boiler drain valve. Is that 3/4 ( 7/8 OD pipe)?

The only shut off valve is the one for the water heater and the meter shut off and of course the shut offs for the individual fixtures.

Did you call the water company?

Are other houses near you similar? One of the people in such a house is probably familiar with how they did the plumbing in those buildings.

If I were to guess now, I think you will probably need to get a new line from the meter to the house. Yet talk to the water company first.

Greg814

Reaction score
If you need to get some work done, get a new ball shutoff valve, and get a spigot added that you can screw a pressure gauge to.

Did you call the water company?

Are other houses near you similar? One of the people in such a house is probably familiar with how they did the plumbing in those buildings.

If I were to guess now, I think you will probably need to get a new line from the meter to the house. Yet talk to the water company first.

Thanks for the quick reply's. I'm gonna ask the neighbor's tomorrow and the call the water company. Thanks again for the info

Greg814

Reaction score
So update. I talked to the neighbor's and he said the prv is underground next to the meter. Now my question is I bought a new prv zurn 70xldu . What would be the best way to connect the pvc to the brass prv threads. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2484.JPG
    IMG_2484.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 145
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks