Who to connect a three compartment sink that is offset

Users who are viewing this thread

Ryobi

Reaction score
Hello,

For the last couple of days I have been trying to search for way to connect a 3 three compartment offset sink.
I asked home depot and lowes, but nobody seems to know how to connect it. The model is OTSK954-18bx it made by FrankeUsa. The problem that I have is that the sinks drains are not aligned.What do I need to connect them ? The main drain in the one in the center so they all connect to the one in the center. I have attached what it look like, but the one that I have I purchased is used a few years ago and now I want to install it in my house to replace my sink. Any suggests would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Easy.

You're thinking that they all need to share one trap, like many double sinks.

Once each drain has their own tailpiece, give each one their own trap, which can all swivel into alignment to a common horizontal.

You can do it with two traps if you want, two of the drains will share a trap, one drain has its own trap.

Asktom

Reaction score
At least under the UPC it is a no-no to have more than one trap on a trap arm, although it seems this rule is not enforced in many places. The trap should go below the sink's center outlet.

Ryobi

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions. I was thinking of about the idea that asktom is saying about using one trap in the center since I have read about no more then one trap rule. Here is where I am stuck. I know that at the ends that are tail gates. This tail gates must connect to the in the center. What type of joint connector do I use in center site remember they are not aligned ? I think this is key to this puzzle the type of connector. If know which tyeop I can go and look for on in the store.

Reaction score
Look at the previous thread mentioned in #5, the advantage of a trap per tailpipe uses less space in the cabinet, and eliminated the need for elbows. The swivel of the trap makes it easy to align the meetup.

It'll also be easier to troubleshoot clogged drains. If one trap gets clogged, it won't affect the other sinks. If all sinks are slow to drain, then we know the clog is after the trap.

But if you must use just one trap, you'll need to get creative. Here's an example that have minimum bends with two San-Tee's. If you don't have the depth in the cabinet, you can use a Cross-Tee, and at least one or more 22's or 45's.
FrankeUSA_OTSK954-18BX_How-to-Drain.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have used one, two, or THREE traps for situations like this, depending on the situation, and have NEVER had an inspector reject it. THe center sink is usually designed for a waste disposer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks