Who is Joe Tedesco?

Users who are viewing this thread

ChuckNJ

Reaction score
Cass said:
What a loser, psyco, hack.

I have a cattle prod that I would like to check out on him.:)

Funny....

Some of the guys at JLC feel the same......

Hey Frenchie..... Nice seeing you here.

JBFAN74

Thanks for the link.

Found some good info here on this website. Signed up yesterday and I've already started learning new things.

Last edited:

jrseaberg

Reaction score
I'm glad I checked back...

I'm just a diy'er with a little common sense that has learned what a great resource this site is. (I don't do anything with electrical (((or plumbing, or concrete, or carpentry))) until I am absolutely sure of what I'm doing. I'm not going to kill myself or burn down my house:eek: )

When I read this guy's post yesterday about his being named "moderator" and his tone, I was, to say the least, upset. And then to find that I couldn't respond to his thread because it was "closed"....ARGH! I'm glad he wasn't the "official" he made himself out to be for the forum!

Anyway, in my humble opinion, it is up to the reader of the information to make the decision whether or not the advice is "good", "safe", etc. That is part of the reason I have relied so heavily on forums like this; you don't get just one person's opionion. I then use all my other skills (discernment, rational thinking, common sense for example) along with any feedback from the various people on this forum as replies, to decide if the given advice is right and safe for me to do, or if I don't have a clue and it's over my head. (Just like a doctor can tell me to control my weight because being obese is hazardous to my health, it is up to me to do it or not.)

So, for those of you are generous with your time, knowledge, and wisdom: Thank you, and please continue being helpful!

Pardon the lenght of this message!
Jim Seaberg

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Terry - "electrician" is definitely Joe T., take it from me, we were friends until this happened.

Hey, Chuck - I thought you were going by DX here (post #6). I wonder who DX is, he's clearly from JLC too...

David/genie - Joe's a member of the NFPA, and the IAEI, and probably a few others... the guy's an institution in the electrical field, very well-known. There goes that legacy!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
electrician said:
I disagree, a plumber or non electrician should not answer any electrical questions!

That was evident here in the past!

:mad:

That decission, thank goodness, is not yours to make.

It is Terrys.

BTW did you know you live in the United States.

You can move to some other country where this kind of information is banned if it realy bothers you or you can just not come here and read it.

That is another thing this country lets you do.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
electrician said:
I disagree, a plumber or non electrician should not answer any electrical questions!

That was evident here in the past!

:mad:

I am a plumber and I have had to troubleshoot for electicians in the past. A certificate does not give you inherent knowledge, nor does the lack of one imply ignorance of the trade.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A total Blindside attack

Joe asked if I needed help with moderation.
I thought it was a nice gesture.

While I was plumbing on Friday, he was busy deleting my forum.
When I came home and logged on, I was stunned.

I have eight other moderators, and I couldn't even conceive that someone would wipe out a forum on me.

I called him and asked him why he did it.
Thats when he informed me, "After he had done the dirty work" that he thought it needed erasing, the whole thing.

It was a total blindside.

Last edited:

snafflekid

Electrical Engineer
Reaction score
So, his few postings were a ruse.

I have heard people getting electrical advice at Home Depot, and it's not very good usually. This place, by far, is a better source.

Last edited:

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
conduct befitting a member, expected of a member.

His belonging to a couple minor associations does not make him a member of a limited-access profession. These are almost insignificant associations that he belongs to.

"Membership in the International Association of Electrical Inspectors is a great value for a small price" tells you that they'll take almost anyone. Their code of ethics may be non-existent.

Several posts above explain clearly why information in general is a good thing. Where to draw the line is not up to any one person to decide (except a site owner, for each site). It is certainly not up to an unlawul vigilante posing as a professional. You cannot be both a vigilante and a member in good standing in a professional association.

Since Joe Tedesco took action in his field, on behalf of the profession, he is even more liable for disciplinary action than if he were just a vigilante doing something far removed from his profession. His two or three easy-access professional associations might end up kicking him out, suspending him, or issuing a public reprimand. It shows they have teeth, and that their members have self-respect. It brings their association up to a higher level in many ways. Not to take any action, is to lower themselves, in many ways.

I hope this thread gets printed out and mailed to the groups where Joe is a member. His conduct reflects badly on him for years to come. Nobody in the world has a guaranteed right to renew their membership in an association. If he doesn't receive a renewal notice in the mail, he can take it up with the appeals committee, of each group.

David

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Moderators Should Only Moderate

A moderator should only moderate the discussion to keep it within bounds of civility.

A moderator should not use his power to limit disagreements or restrict expression of facts and views of others that are reasonably related to the subject. That is especially important if a moderator has a business interest on one side or the other of an issue.

On the electrical forum there have been a few people who object to comments by those who are not licensed electricians. On Pumps and Wells there has been an effort to disparage persons and professions and threats to restrict the comments of some who hold points of view and offer facts that may differ from others on CSVs.

Moderators should moderate; they should not attempt to direct or limit legitimate discussion even if they disagree with it.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
An open letter to Joe T.

Dear Joe T.
In light of recent events I am writing this open letter.

I believe that based on the destructive actions you have taken to this forum and site, you need extensive professional help.

I would guess you are tops in your field but your expertise has or is becoming an obsession.

You feel that not enough has been done to protect people from themselves......so you have appointed your self as a type of public enforcer of sorts. This is not mentally healthy for you.

I am going to guess that you are short in stature, not married or were and are now divorced.

Maybe 1 child.

You have few if any friends and are mostly a loner.

You spend most of your waking time obsessing about people who do not understand you because you know better than they do. This will continue to alter your state of mind / being until you go completely off the deep end and perhaps do harm to someone. You feel you are superior and can't figure out why others don't know or understand that.

This is why you get extremely angry at people who give electrical advice but are, in your opinion only, not qualified to do so.

Your mental health and anger reached a point where your thoughts and intentions caused you to act in a criminal way and damage this web site. This may have been your first step outside the "box".

Your mental health will continue to degrade and your actions, over time, will become more and more erratic, out of control, desperate and dangerous.

There is a good chance you may reach a mentally unstable point where you purposely create an electrical hazard where someone is injured just to prove you are superior and right.

You are in need and should seek professional help immediately before thing get any worse.

J.Buesking

Reaction score
Cass I've profiled him the same way. Kinda weird hearing someone else say it.

Joe when you read this don't take it the wrong way but try to better yourself and learn from it.

sjcrawley

Electrician
Reaction score
the last thing that is needed is another person who has a "god" complex. with all due respect who the heck does he think he is. not saying it was joe but who ever it was needs a swift kick in the pants because people like that should not breed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

Reaction score
I have been reading all the posts about, how one has to have an education in electrical in order to give out information. There are dangers in everything, if you think about it. If the plumber does not install the water heater correctly, it could blow like a rocket. Speaking of rockets, my husband was an Electrical engineer, it was one of his degrees. He had several. My husband taught our boys numerous things when they were small. He taught them, to do electrical work. My boys at age 8 were pulling wire thru things with him, they assembled rockets which impressed and delighted the neighbors, oh, did I mention, he was a " real" rocket scientist, lol, he did electrical for NASA. Before, we got married, we did the electrical together and shot rockets across the rivers. Any river. We had alot of fun. He believed in teaching, instructing, showing, demonstrating anything electrical. He believed that reduced the dangers. Not only in electrical but in anything. Ours sons were shooting 22's when, they were 4 years old. Shooting larger guns at age 8. They grew up knowing the dangers in things, were taught the dangers in things, and, taught the safe ways of doing things.

We had lots and lots of discussions on things in the evening. We are a science family. We talked about things in the evening, like Einsteins theories, and, when, we got on the subject of chaos, the Chaos Theory, I was told--I didn't know what what it was by one son. " OH, but I do, son, I told him----I am demonstrating it by creating it!"

All the bickering here reminds me of those nights. All the chaos which was created without a result. The result should be clearly seen. I will explain it in these words, these questions for you to think about:

Would you rather have your neighbor fixing something electrical by hit or miss. Would you rather have your neighbor, whose house is 200 feet from your own, guess on how to do something as simple as wiring a garage door opener, wiring an outlet, a fan, etc, etc, etc....

OR

Would you rather know who is living next to you, is asking for information HERE, rather than hitting or missing, guessing, asking HD for answers...

Generally as a rule, my friends, the homeowners, the male homeowners are going to give it a try, before spending out there hard-owned money.

Tell me, think about this. For those of you, who so positively think, that NO one but, people like skilled electricians, or rocket scientists should wire anything... I need to ask you, DO YOU call a plumber when, your water heater goes? When, a gas line needs fixed? When, you needed to install a new shut off for the stove? I bet you didn't...

It is far far better to ask questions. And, as I told my students sooo many years ago, " there are no silly, no stupid questions! ONLY those that are not asked."

Just like it is far far better to put a gun in a child's hand and teach him safety and take away that curiosity, it is far far better to WANT, to ENCOURAGE, people, to ask away!

There will always be various answers. That is part of a group mentality. That is always going to happen. With anything. If you get more than 2 people together, you will have a 50% chance of having 2 different answers.

I think people on the average are smarter than most people think they are; therefore, those seeking the answers are able to figure out, what is a good answer and what is not.

Think about it, the next time, you think about what your neighbor is doing next door. :)

Besides, how do you think anyone started? My husband and I were shooting rockets long before he worked for NASA. Any of you, any of you EE, electricians, plumbers, I don't care what you are, when did you start doing it? Well, before you got that sheepskin, or diploma I bet. The number one thing which usually, happens when someone gets the education, or gets the degree, is that they fail to stay humble.

My husband never lost it. That is what made him so great.

joe in queens

Reaction score
Joe T is well known in electrical circles, and no doubt is an expert on code. I'm very surprised that he would delete an entire board for reasons we can only guess, and cannot see how that would do it any good.

What is disturbing is the way in which it was done. If someone entrusts you with the priviledge of moderating a highly popular site, you have a greater responsibility than any member or guest. Clearly, that trust was not only broken but abused.

While code is something we must all abide by, it is by no means perfect. A prime example is a kitchen island receptable, which I try to avoid installing whenever possible, because they're so dangerous - for both children and adults. A small child can pull a hot appliance down, and an adult walking by could catch or trip on the cord, also knocking a hot appliance down. But code says a receptable MUST be installed on islands.

Finally, the code is bound to become highly political in the coming years with all the environmental garbage. Already, Title 24 of the California Energy Code requires flouresecent lighting to be installed in kitchens and bathrooms - whether you want it or not. This has nothing to do with safety, and no doubt such regulations will make their way into the NEC.

Joe

ChuckNJ

Reaction score
joe in queens said:
Joe T is well known in electrical circles, and no doubt is an expert on code. I'm very surprised that he would delete an entire board for reasons we can only guess, and cannot see how that would do it any good.

What is disturbing is the way in which it was done. If someone entrusts you with the priviledge of moderating a highly popular site, you have a greater responsibility than any member or guest. Clearly, that trust was not only broken but abused.

Joe

Joe,

This is the 2nd time he has done this. First time was less than a year ago at another forum I participate in. Yes, there is no excuse for why.

Again, I hope that Terry's web manager has some way of backing up the information and restoring the threads. If not, some back-up plan for any future "terrorism" should be set in place.

Brownizs

In the Trades
Reaction score
I talked to my brother, and he said with MySql, which is used mostly for PHP boards, the only way to create a backup of the database used for the thread files, is to create a database with a name such as (vbullitin(date of backup)), and copy everything from the one database to the other.

Sad thing is, the damage is already done, and some of the postings where good for research. Using web.archive.org, it currently shows 2006 as the latest, with 121 Threads, 756 posts. Problem is, there is no way to look through the older info.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Had no idea the electrical forum was as large as mentioned. Only frequented it once and BobNH and someone else gave good knowledge of what I was after.

I'm positive of two things:

This electrical forum will build back ten-fold since it got so much attention of other good electricians without a score to settle

AND

The name will have a search engine nightmare soon enough with this ongoing thread and keywords linking through his name.

Can't erase this since the web crawlers archive it and store it in databases that can be picked up for years.

Say it ain't so joe! LOL!

And I'm gonna help out Terry a bit for his hardship. :D :p :)
No such thing as an idle mind with me, heh.

J.Buesking

Reaction score
brownizs

With Mysql you can have a scheduled backup run every night or two. You can install a script that will email or copy your database to another folder. You schedule it to run in the middle of the night when forum use is at it's lowest.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks