White-Rodgers gas valve leaking vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Kulig

Reaction score
When it’s on it’s normal that some gas will go out but bubble never suppose to break, but pressure never suppose to drop to 0 so fast

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
When it’s on it’s normal that some gas will go out but bubble never suppose to break, but pressure never suppose to drop to 0 so fast
When the vent is venting has as it's designed the bubble will pop. When it "breathing" it still could but doesn't generally.

Your instincts could be correct. Hopefully the new new one acts how you expect.

Last edited:

Kulig

Reaction score
In my case pressure drops to 0 no matter if the valve is on or off every 2h sometimes 2,5h on 4ft of 1/2” pipe it not suppose to be like that

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
In my case pressure drops to 0 no matter if the valve is on or off every 2h sometimes 2,5h on 4ft of 1/2” pipe it not suppose to be like that
I wish I could take a picture of all these regulators acting normally you will see the pressure drops slowly when the valve get shut.

Kulig

Reaction score
Loosing gas from about 55ft of 3/4” pipe plus 6ft of 1/2” pipe every 22h it’s not for my budget, there is no thread on that vent it’s just pushed inside of the gas valve body and Emerson has no vent limiters

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Loosing gas from about 55ft of 3/4” pipe plus 6ft of 1/2” pipe every 22h it’s not for my budget, there is no thread on that vent it’s just pushed inside of the gas valve body and Emerson has no vent limiters
You should only lose from the appliance to the regulator/ valve

Kulig

Reaction score
I got only tankless water heater and furnace connected, water heater is mostly off because got additional electric water heater connected
There is long line to furnace in crawl space

Kulig

Reaction score
If I seat about few min in crawl space watching pressure gauge I’m seeing how pressure slowly drops

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks