Whistling noise from water pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

HL2128

Reaction score
Hi Terry,

There is a whistling noise from the water pipes that can be heard from 2nd floor bathroom when using the shower on 1st floor bathroom or turning on the sink faucets. I have replaced a new shower cord handle and shower head. How to stop the noise. Please advise.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
A lot of pipes whistle, some more and some less. Hard to decide what it is from behind a computer desk, so I'd say, if you can't tolerate it anymore and if you have a deep pocket, call a few plumbers for in house evaluations.
Let us know what they found.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Is the first floor shower a tub/shower with a diverter? If so, a common source of noise is the tub spout with diverter built in. Replace the tub spout. Delta's pull-down spout works well...it seems to have a larger seal on the diverter than those with a pull up mechanism, but it can confuse guests!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks