Whirlpool tub installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Rdtompki

Reaction score
With great trepidation I'm going to be installing my drop-in whirlpool tub next weekend. I've got a messy rough-in to complete since I had to remote the valves, but I've got a good handle on this part of the problem. My concern is the mortar bed. I'm on a slab which is appropriately cut for relocating the trap and drain. I intend to plumb the drain after the tub is installed (through an outside-wall access). It seems obvious that the waste and overflow should be installed first and the water left in the tub until I've plumbed the trap and drain. Does this make sense?

I understand that a light-weight mortar such as stuccolite is acceptable for this application. Is this correct? The deck is relatively high (with step) so I'm adding a layer of 1-1/2" pavers to my slab before the tub goes in.

I will have dry-fit the tub first to make sure that the thick tile-over-mortar deck doesn't present a problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks