Whirlpool tub install

Users who are viewing this thread

MarkSimms

Reaction score
We are installing an American Standard 65" whirlpool tub. It will be a "drop-in" installation into a platform built on a cement floor (ground floor).
Most manufacturers recommend placing the tub into a "mortar bed" during installation. However, I have my concerns about heat loss....our cement floor is certainly "cold".
I developed an alternate approach that would employe high-tech spray foam which forms a strong support as well as some decent insulation.
TO do the job properly, I'll probably have to use a slow-curing foam with a high strength rating.
We had planned on building a small floor out of 2x4's and can actually build a small "dam" where the tub bottom will be sitting.
Anyone see a problem with this approach ?
Anyone have a recommendation on the manufacturer of the proper foam ?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks