While I'm draining the tub if I flush the toilet the toilet almost overflows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bill721

Reaction score
While I'm draining the tub if I flush the toilet the toilet almost overflows. If I do only one at a time it drains ok, however, the tube seems to drain kind of slow.

I'm not sure if this condition is a drain blockage or a vent blocking issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
In reality, things tend to drain TOO fast without a vent, sucking the traps dry of other devices along the way. It is highly likely you have a main line clog or pipe collapse, or depression in your drain pipe.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I wonder why the first thing people think of is a "blocked vent", instead of a blocked sewer. I have NEVER seen a blocked vent cause drainage problems.

Bill721

Reaction score
In reality, things tend to drain TOO fast without a vent, sucking the traps dry of other devices along the way. It is highly likely you have a main line clog or pipe collapse, or depression in your drain pipe.[/QUOTE

Jim thanks for the quick reply

Bill721

Reaction score
I wonder why the first thing people think of is a "blocked vent", instead of a blocked sewer. I have NEVER seen a blocked vent cause drainage problems.

The reason for me was how one, tube, seemed to effected the other, toilet, the way it did..... Toilet flushes fine normally so I would have thought much more water was passing with that device so seemed weird.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks