Which Well Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

dm0978

Reaction score
I have a submersible well pump feeding a 1500 underground storage tank. I now want to install a pump which will draw from the storage tank and feed an undergound sprinkler system. Should I buy a conventional jet pump with a pressure switch and pressure tank, or an electronically controlled pump, which requires no pressure switch or tank?

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
Conventional jet pumps are not too shabby in this application. Their 'sweet spot' is right in the operating window of common lawn sprinkler heads. A baby pressure tank combines with the pressure switch already on the jet pump to give you a complete supply for a sprinkler system.

Last edited:

dm0978

Reaction score
I've looked at the Pside-kick. I think I understand it, but I'm not sure. How is it different than a pressure tank, pressure switch, and water pressure regulator combination.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Conventional jet pumps are not too shabby in this application...

Jet pumps have a more pronounced curve and as a result the loops are easier to tune to match the curve. A sub would be more energy efficient if properly matched but they may be harder to match due to their curve.

A CSV would allow for a wider range of GPM and save having to tune the loops. When used with a CSV, a sub that does not float each impeller would likely draw less power than one that does.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks