Which Toto?

Users who are viewing this thread

helpplease

Reaction score
I'd like to get a comfort-height Toto that fits into a smaller space, and is under $500. Which one makes sense for these criteria? The Drake? Thanks!

Bellcrest

Reaction score
hard to decide

I chose the supreme for exactly the reasons you state. Small room.
It is still sitting in the box in my living room, waiting to get installed. Grouting is being done today and we are aiming on toilet installation tomorrow.

I'll post later to tell you more about this model. No one has responded to my enquires about the supreme so I will find out soon.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Supreme is not "Comfort Height" and the Drake is not available either.

You can use the TOTO Entrada CST243EF it is round front and "Universal Height" list price is $295.00 plus seat.

If you want a more traditional look you can use the Promenade CST423SF 1.6gpf or CST423EF 1.28gpf list price is $480.00.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodycats

Reaction score
Ultramax or Drake and clarification on flush system

Hi - I've done a lot of reading on this forum and really appreciate all the info everyone has shared. I need to pick a Toto toilet and thought I had narrowed it down to the Drake II CST454CEFG, the Ultramax MS604114CEFG or the Eco Ultramax MS854114ELG (not sure of the difference between the 2 ultramaxes). Now I'm not so sure because I've read some conflicting info for example somewhere in this forum I read that the Ultramax has G-max flushing but on the Toto website it says it's a double cyclone flush. Could the forum info be old - what to believe?

What I want is a toilet that has excellent flushing and doesn't need a plumber to visit it regularly. Other desired features include elongated seat, ADA compliant height, and CEFIONTECT finish. It seems to be a consensus of folks in this forum that the G-max and E-max flush are equivalent in performance and I'm wondering if the double cyclone (if that is what the Ultramax has) is as good as the G and E?

I'm so frustrated with my American Standard Cadet (what a pain) I don't care how much the new Toto costs.

I'd appreciate recommendations among those three models above -- or a different one if you think there's a better one with those features.
:confused:
THANK YOU!!
Cindy

Stark

Reaction score
The Ultramax has the G-max flush. The Ultramax II (used to be called Gwyneth) has the double-cyclone flush. Ultramax II is also 1.28 gpf, while the Ultramax is 1.6 gpf. From other threads I've learned that the G-Max is more powerful, but the double-cyclone has better bowl rinse and yet still has decent power.

Dodycats

Reaction score
ultramax 1.6 - have to pick CEFIONTECT OR ADA, not goth

Thanks Stark -- unfortunately the ultramax 1.6 won't work for me as it doesn't come with both ADA compliance and CEFIONTECT which pushes me to one of these, all of which have elongated bowls, ADA, & SG:
1--Ultramax II (double cyclone flush) 1.28 gpf $680 w/ seat
2--Eco Ultramax (E-Max flush) 1.28 gpf $815 w/ seat
3--Drake II (double cyclone flush) 1.28 gpf $510 w/o seat
4--Eco Promenade (E-max flush) 1.28 gpf $573 w/o seat

Assuming the easy close seat adds another $63 or so (I haven't priced it) I don't think there is enough difference in prices to drive my decision. And given the thread about ultramax innards being problematic and comments about the Promenade not being as good -- I guess I'm not sure what to do. Does the innard issue apply to the Eco Ultramax too?

Which one of these would you experts put in your bathroom?

:confused::confused::confused:

I appreciate your thoughts.
Cindy

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
All of these use the 3" flapper, which can be found at Lowes, and a standard fill valve.

The Toto website lists a CEFIONTECT ADA version of the Ultramax
Also, the Guinevere and the Soiree have CEFIONTECT and have a tall bowl.

Performance is going to be pretty similar with all the models.
They all have a 3" flush valve
And the trapway design is similar with a 2-1/8" dimension.

Drake 800 grams by Veritech Video

Last edited:

Dodycats

Reaction score
It's the Ultramax II or Drake II...or both

Thanks Terry -- I have the Ultramax II (w/ADA and SG) on my list -- I assume that's the ultramax you refer to. I was wrong about it not including the seat - it does (potty info overload here). I like the Gwinevere and Soiree but don't have room for a skirt -- need that space for the cats' water dish. ;) If I did have room I'd definitely spring for the Lloyd -- what a lovely toilet and I just LOVE the seat!

I definitely need to replace the one toilet asap but could also replace the 55 year old toilet downstairs too...so maybe I'll go with duelling cyclones in both and put the Ultramax II (MS604114CEFG) downstairs in the powder room and the Drake II (CST454CEFG) upstairs in my bathroom.

I just LOVE your website/forum -- thank you so much!
:p
Cindy

[video=youtube;Xn9_zctMge0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn9_zctMge0[/video]

Peanut9199

Reaction score
There is a Eco-Ultramax ADA and CEFIONTECT list is $810.00
MS854114ELG but it does not come in the Double Cyclone.

I would have picked the toilets you have chosen.

Also the prices you have are list prices so you will still get a discount off those.

Dodycats

Reaction score
Thank you Peanut!

I considered the Eco Ultramax (E-max flush) -- but the cleaner bowl promised by the Ultramax II's cyclone flush is edging me in that direction. If G-max, E-max, and cyclone are equivalent and cyclone delivers a cleaner bowl, then there it is. I visited friends with a 2-year old Drake and while it flushes nicely, there does seem to be an occasional residual debris problem...

Is there a reason the Eco Ultramax lists at $135 more than the Ultramax II? They look identical on the outside and both come with a seat and all the same features except the flushing system - U II is cyclone, Eco-U is E-max. Sometimes it's true you get what you pay for...hmmm
:confused:
Thank you so much for your info -- I do appreciate it.
Cindy

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
My guess is that the double-cyclone is tougher to cast. Maybe more parts (sort of like the one-piece verses two piece - more labor involved). No solid evidence, though.

Dodycats

Reaction score
but it's the E-max that costs more -- the double cyclone is cheaper. Maybe the $135 is for having "ECO" in the name of the toilet? just a thought...
;)
Cindy

Peanut9199

Reaction score
No they are saying the Ultramax II is (Eco) as well and is cheaper than the Eco-Ultramax and you get more features.

I think because it is new on the market and they want to push to get it in the market they came out with a better price.

I think if they released it the same time as the old Ultramax it would have been more money.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks