Which TOTO toilet to keep?

Users who are viewing this thread

KarenTheBold

Reaction score
I've just had two toilets replaced and I have "left" two TOTO toilets and one spot to install one of them. Both were installed 15+ years ago. Please help me decide which one to keep and how strong is your preference for one over the other:
One-piece Toto Ultramax CST853
Two-piece Toto Drake ST743E

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would keep the one-piece Ultramax.

ms853113e-01.jpg

KarenTheBold

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry! I trust your professional opinion 150%.
Terry, thanks, your latest comment re gallons of flush is very useful. Let's go back to my earlier question re the two-piece Toto Drake ST743E with 1.28g and the one-piece Toto C853 which has 1.6g plainly written on it.
Your vote to keep was for the one-piece ST743E with 1.6g flush.
Since I still have the two toilets, would the water consumption issue tilt back to the two-piece model? (We have a serious drought in my area, which is one reason I changed out the other two toilets for 1.0g.)
In California new toilets sold cannot be more than 1.28gpf.

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
save water. install the drake.

I stopped helping customers negate flow control a few years ago.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks