Which slot in flange to use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
Given a choice which slot do you prefer to use in the flange. This is a non-swiveling all ABS (I know some perfer the metal ring ones) that is not glued in yet. One slot is through diameter to outside the other runs parallel to circumference.

I notice that the brass toilet bolts are free to rotated under the flange. So generally you hold the threaded part to tighten? Thank you.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Toilet bolts should NOT be free to rotate. The underside of the flange should restrain the T-head.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
slot

I never use the elongated slots on a collar, even a cast iron one. Those are the slots that will deteriorate and break, especially with an all plastic flange.

Plumber2000

Plumber
Reaction score
It does not matter what slot you use, as long as you use extra nut and waher to tighten it up on to the flange, ABS flanges with metal rings, the ones that are painted rings, there trouble, when the paint chips away and the ring gets water on it, it will rust out, Schd 40 ABS Plastic Flanges are the way to go, any other plastic flange never use.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks