Which setup should I use

Users who are viewing this thread

Steven JP

Reaction score
I need to tie a toilet and a shower into a dwv pipe. Im wondering which setup I should use. The toilet is pretty close to the wall where im putting the DWV pipe so I can use two 90s to get away from that wall and use a wye fitting to tie the 2 inch shower pipe into the 3 inch drain. Or I can use a heel inlet 90 fitting positioned just like it is in the picture in which case I can come straight down from toilet and just use that one 90 to get me to the main pipe. I also included a picture of my current situation. The main pipe will go right next to where the sheetrock is cut out.

Attachments

• 20190409_114610.jpg
    20190409_114610.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 20190409_115030.jpg
    20190409_115030.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 20190407_202123.jpg
    20190407_202123.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 91

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
You can tie into a toilet drain but only after the vent pipe for the toilet.

https://www.co.lincoln.or.us/sites/..._-_helpful_hints_residential_construction.pdf

Toilet rough in Page 15;
1 .The center of the floor flange should be 12” from the wall studding behind the toilet and 15-1/2” to each side of the center of the toilet flange to wall studs, 30” space required.
2. The toilet requires a 3” drain line. Up to 3 toilets may be installed on a 3” horizontal drain line, then at the point where the 4 th. Toilet drain line enters the building drain, the drain must be increased to a 4” drain line.
3. The toilet vent cannot be used as a drain for fixtures on the second floor of the building.
4. The closet bend can be up to 6 foot long. No drains from other fixtures may enter into the closet bend. Only downstream of the vent.

See page 7
End of line cleanout. Cleanouts are required for change of direction over 135 degrees in horizontal turns. That’s 1-90 degree turn and 1-45 degree turn.

Last edited:

Steven JP

Reaction score

https://www.co.lincoln.or.us/sites/..._-_helpful_hints_residential_construction.pdf

Toilet rough in Page 15;
1 .The center of the floor flange should be 12” from the wall studding behind the toilet and 15-1/2” to each side of the center of the toilet flange to wall studs, 30” space required.
2. The toilet requires a 3” drain line. Up to 3 toilets may be installed on a 3” horizontal drain line, then at the point where the 4 th. Toilet drain line enters the building drain, the drain must be increased to a 4” drain line.
3. The toilet vent cannot be used as a drain for fixtures on the second floor of the building.
4. The closet bend can be up to 6 foot long. No drains from other fixtures may enter into the closet bend. Only downstream of the vent.

See page 7
End of line cleanout. Cleanouts are required for change of direction over 135 degrees in horizontal turns. That’s 1-90 degree turn and 1-45 degree turn.

Nike of my house is 4 inch pipe.

Toilet rough in Page 15;

See page 7

My house doesnt have any 4 inch pipe I'm just using 3 inch. This wont be inspected anyway. The plumbing that I am moving this toilet from has a shower tie into the 3 inch pipe before it gets to the vent and it has never been a problem so I'm just trying to figure out which solution would be better. I feel like the one where I use the heel inlet would be better. I appreciate your help.

Steven JP

Reaction score

Toilet rough in Page 15;

See page 7

Can I use a 2 inch vent above where a toilet and shower tie in?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks