Which ladder is better?

Users who are viewing this thread

tlong_66

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy one of those multi-purpose ladders such as the Little Giant or Werner. Which is a better buy or better quality? The Little Giant is made in the USA and the Werner in China. I've heard some complaints about the Little Giant. Any advice?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ladder

Have you actually picked either one of them up? I wouldn't buy either one. They may be multiuse, but their weight does not make them useful as an everyday use item.

BigLou

Reaction score
I would buy the one made in the USA for that reason alone.
I agree with what HJ said about them being heavy however I have multipurpose ladder and I use it a lot because it takes up less space in the truck

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
I like the little giant, although it's heavy. My folks have one. I'd buy one, but it would be about 2ft short of reaching my roof. :(

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I've only seen the Little Giant demonstrated at trade shows, but I've been impressed. They had a booth at Sun-n-Fun last week in Lakeland. Try to buy one at such a show and you can usually get a significant discount and/or a bunch of "free" attachments.

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I went with the Werner because I needed the scaffold height to clear a large kitchen island. Not light weight, but decent quality.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks