Which kind of pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeffrey Weeks

Reaction score
I live in Philippines and get very low water pressure during the day, a little better at night. The water line feeds a 250 cubic feet tank made from concrete. It has a float valve at the top. Sometimes, it fills completely.

The outlet from the tank is 1/2" and about 8' off the ground. There's not enough pressure for my sprinkling and irrigation efforts, especially further away (5 acre property).

There are so many different types of pumps and pump/tank combinations that I can't seem to figure out which is the best for me. I really want the cheapest option as long as it increases the pressure.

I can buy a 0.5hp "Booster" pump for about $40... Mailtank SH-107. 9GPM.

Would this work? Would it need a controller?

Thanks for your help. Very much appreciated. :)

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Can't find any info on that pump, but it might work. You can also drop a submersible in the concrete tank if you like. There is a 1HP, 33GPM, Hallmark pump on line for 140 bucks that pumps a lot of water from a cistern. You can run it manually if you like or hook up a pressure tank and pressure switch to make it work automatically when you open a faucet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks