Which is the best Pressure Assist Toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It comes as a complete toilet. The place you are ordering from may have options for different trip levers. You can get them in Brushed Nickel, Chrome, White, Bone, Beige, just to name a few.

Exoricst

Reaction score
Thanks terry.

I plan to install a Hand held bidet along side as well.
But i am not sure what Valve would i need. I guess its some kind of t valve fixture.
What is the keyword i can search for this item. Look for the picture below.

bidet-shower-shattaf-spray-white.gif

To be precise

hand-held-bidet-spray-muslim-shower-indian-shower.jpg

Also i plan to replace my valve too.. its pretty old. What kind of valve can i attach with the new toilet?

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most of us are installing the 1/4 turn supply valves now. A toilet valve should either be fully off or fully on, so these really make sense. I have them on my sinks as well.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That type of thing can be quite a surprise in the winter when the incoming water can approach freezing! Sure you don't want to consider a bidet seat that actually warms it up some?

You may want to consider a tempering valve to provide warm water to the toilet and the sprayer.

There are numerous dual outlet supply shutoff valves available. Or, you could add on a T. Depends on looks and final cost. I wouldn't be surprised if the spray comes with a T to fit onto an existing toilet installation.

Reaction score
Terry.
I have a problem. I bought a Kohler Wellworth Pressure Lite not less than a year ago. It was working when i bought it but not the greatest. Now when i try to flush tp paper down the toilet, it just acts like a gravity fed except it works stronger when no paper is flushed. I wonder if the flushmate can be opened up to clean of debris, if so how did you get it open in the picture? I really don't want to spend $290 to get a new pressure vessel, but if i can get the flush mate unit apart, maybe that would fix the problem? It's weak and not even a year old yet! ! ! ! Any help or advice on this?

Jadnashua

Reaction score
It may not be the pressure unit, it might be that something is caught in the toilet trapway. There isn't much in one of those that can be repaired, but if it actually is defective, it may still be under warranty.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Terry.
I have a problem. I bought a Kohler Wellworth Pressure Lite not less than a year ago. It was working when i bought it but not the greatest. Now when i try to flush tp paper down the toilet, it just acts like a gravity fed except it works stronger when no paper is flushed. I wonder if the flushmate can be opened up to clean of debris, if so how did you get it open in the picture? I really don't want to spend $290 to get a new pressure vessel, but if i can get the flush mate unit apart, maybe that would fix the problem? It's weak and not even a year old yet! ! ! ! Any help or advice on this?

The Flushmate requires good flow from the water supply. Some of the 1.4 gallon Kohlers have a reducer on the incoming supply that can be removed. There is also a screen there that may have caught some debri.
Sometimes it's the upper supply that needs attention.
Here is their troubleshooting web page
http://www.flushmate.com/support/

highline-pa-ken.jpg

Last edited:

Kel

Reaction score
Terry, I found this discussion very helpful last year and ended up buying a Kohler Highline Classic which has worked perfectly. Now I am looking to buy another one for our other bathroom, but I'm running into a bit of a problem. The new toilet needs to be standard height, not chair height, and the Highline Classic appears to only come in chair height. The Wellworth bowl is the right height, but I really like the Highline Classic tank. Is it possible to mount a Highline Classic tank on a Wellworth bowl?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Wellworth bowl is the right height, but I really like the Highline Classic tank. Is it possible to mount a Highline Classic tank on a Wellworth bowl?

Absolutely not! One bowl is designed for the Flushmate pressure assist, and one works on gravity. The tank and bowl must match for it to work.
Gerber does make standard height in round and elongated bowls that work with their Flushmate. Gerber 21-312

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
To put a finer point on it, if you put a pressure tank on a bowl designed for a gravity-feed tank, it's gonna spray all over the room and not go down the bowl right. The bowls are totally-different in design on a pressure toilet. (And if you try vice-versa, you will pull the trip handle on the gravity tank, and the pressure bowl will just sit there; the water typically won't even run into the bowl.)

Jadnashua

Reaction score
IMHO, if your drainage lines are installed properly and you have no health issues, I can see no advantage to buying a pressure assisted toilet over a good gravity fed one! While the parts are reliable, they do cost a lot more to repair than a gravity flush, and they're noisy in comparison which can especially be an issue if used at night or near a sleeping child or infant. They can startle someone not familiar with it.

Whatever works for you, they do work, your decision.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks