Which is the best method to be followed : Lasik or Contact lenses

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness Forum' started by Cristena M, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Cristena M

Cristena M New Member

Hi all
    I'm a working professional and using specs for the past two years as I'm facing myopia. I have to use the specs day and night during all the activities that I loved to do. I'm fed up with the glasses and thinking of getting eye surgery or using contact lenses. Can anyone share your thoughts regarding this? Which is the best method to be followed, or should I use my specs for lifelong?
    Thanks!

2. Sarg

Sarg Member

Recently retired LEO
    I had Lasik done in 1997 in Montreal ....... back before it became popular in the states. My wife had her eyes done around 2010. Neither of us regret the decision.
    After 40 ...... chances are you will need "readers". We both use 1.5 diopter for reading or "small" work .... but I buy them by the dozen.
    The wife had the monovision procedure done but still uses magnifiers on occasion.
    I see the outfit that did my eyes is still in business in Montreal

https://www.lasik1.com/comdir/Laservue.html

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Sylvan likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Sylvan likes this.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Lasik at about 52 year old, and now 16 years later using reading glasses again. For about ten or more years it was more like I was in my 30's with my vision. When I climbed Mt. Rainier at 50 I was wearing bifocals. I was so worried that if I fell and I lost my glasses that getting back down would be a problem.

I need to go with a better prescription now or do Lasik again.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  5. Cristena M

Cristena M New Member

Ho Thanks for sharing your experience with my
    I have decided to opt for Lasik eye surgery. The contact lenses are much irritated and need proper care; otherwise, it will affect our eye health. I made an appointment with the surgeon for an eye check-up to decide whether I'm a perfect candidate for the surgery. The result was positive. So I'm planning to proceed with the surgery next month.