Wheres the Shut Off Valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jwehle13

Reaction score
I can't post a photo as the server says the file is too big...

I cannot find a shutoff valve for my sprinkler system. There is a knob style shutoff valve into the house. The sprinkler seems to be plumbed in line Before the main to the house.

the only other alternative I see 8s the main in the ground with the meter, by the street.

I have to change a valve which is half buried in the ground in the box.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
who says there is a shut off? I don't know where it is either. quite typical for sprinklers to be teed off before main enters the building

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Do you have an indexing zone valve or several zone valves? It could be buried in an irrigation box where the floratram has grown over it. My current home in Orlando has reclaimed water for irrigation and the only shutoff is at the water meter. If yours was installed by a DIYer maybe there isn’t one. A connection to city water there will be a anti backflow or vacuum breaker.

I lived right there in Woods Walk for 26 years and worked in Wellington. My home in WoodsWalk had an index valve and no shutoff. I had to use the meter shutoff.

If the image is too big, I'll change the format from JPEG to TIFF, then back to JPEG. That sometime works. If not reduce the image size.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks