Where's the serial number on my boiler?

Users who are viewing this thread

Maylar

Reaction score
I have a Burnham boiler and separate hot water tank. My heating contractor wants to replace something he calls the "blanket", which I believe is the combustion chamber. The parts supplier, US Boiler, say they can't help me without the serial number from the boiler.

I've looked everywhere for a label of some sort and there's nothing on this unit with a model or serial number on it. I've even taken the two side panels off looking for something inside. All I found is insulation.

So, where would the ID tag normally be on one of these units? According to the papers left by the home's previous owner it's a V-1A series but I need more than that to get parts.

TIA

40648079422_16430c54d6_z.jpg

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
I believe on the older versions of the V1 series it's riveted to the panel on the burner side, upper left corner above the gauge:

IMG_2472.JPG

Looks like yours has been peeled off (?)

Ron Beck

Reaction score
They have consolidated the part numbers for the 3-5 section boiler. You now get a kit with the target wall and the blanket for a 5 section and cut the blanket for the smaller boilers. The target wall would be the same for the entire product line. The part number is 108133-01

Maylar

Reaction score
I believe on the older versions of the V1 series it's riveted to the panel on the burner side, upper left corner above the gauge:

IMG_2472.JPG

Looks like yours has been peeled off (?)

Indeed. There are 4 screw holes (with screws) in that spot, I figured it was the location of some controller in the past. I wonder why someone would remove it.

I also wonder if Burnham has any records of sales registration. <Sigh>

Thanks.

Maylar

Reaction score
They have consolidated the part numbers for the 3-5 section boiler. You now get a kit with the target wall and the blanket for a 5 section and cut the blanket for the smaller boilers. The target wall would be the same for the entire product line. The part number is 108133-01

Awesome. Thank you both for the help.

Leonard W. Mendoza

Reaction score
The water heater's model and serial numbers are located on the Rating Plate. The Rating Plate is an adhesive sticker located in the top center of the warning labels. The model and serial numbers are listed directly beneath the Boiler manufacturing information.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks