Where to start with iron removal and softener

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
I would recommend a 1.5 CF system since it is nearly the same cost but 2X larger. I rarely find a reason to go smaller than 10x54. Iron at that low of a level will be of little issue to the softener, just be sure to add some citric acid resin cleaner to the brine tank every few months.
With 1 cuft, I see him regenerating about every 41.67 days, if H=8, and if DO (day override) is not a factor. At 1.5 cuft, that would be 62.50 days.

If he had 1.5 cuft, what would he set DO=?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Simply set the system to 4 pounds per ft3, with a DO of 30 days we are only taking about 6-8 pounds of salt per month. The system will still regen early but considering the cost of salt... should the hardness double or triple he will still be in good shape or if the number of occupants grows.. the cost is basically the same for the larger system and the efficiency and water quality will both be excellent.

beaurrr

Reaction score
I ordered a 1.5 cf unit with a Fleck 5600sxt controller and decided just to forget about the old unit.
I appreciate the input from everybody.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks