Where to put shower head in angle corner shower

Users who are viewing this thread

James23912

Reaction score
So I have an older angle shower unit with the plastic walls I am installing and I was dry fitting it today. There is a pre drilled hole for the valve on the right hand side as you enter and I was assuming the shower head would go directly above it, but as I was standing in the thing I realized that while the hole is basically centered on that wall section the floor drain does not line up with it and when you are standing there your feet essentially straddle the drain hole so in effect the valve is to my right and the shower head would be aiming at my right shoulder so I am thinking I should run the head more to the corner, does this come up often? There’s not a whole lot of room in this thing.

also wondering if the half inch from valve to head is enough when you have two hall inch supply lines, I was reading about some issues with that.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Sometimes we do set the shower head move towards a wall so it does not flood the floor
to prevent scalding

A 1/2" is fine as long a you have a pressure or temperature balance shower body to prevent scalding when another fixture is used

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
With corner showers I have the shower head at 14.5" from the corner. I had a home with a corner shower once, and you wind up standing closer to the solid wall and not near the glass. Standing near the glass puts you too close to the angle and then you bump the door open with your behind. I found myself standing where there was more space behind me.

index.php

A typical 38" Neo Angle shower. Don't worry where the drain is, water will find it's way there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks