Where to put pressure gauges (well/softener/etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

HomeownerTX

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm in SE TX on a residential well. The water's fairly acidic and slightly hard, so I'm planning to install an acid neutralizer and water softener to cut down on the acidity and hardness.

My question is more related to general plumbing practices, and not so much related to the water softener and water-well. I'm looking to put pressure gauges before and after all of the filtering/water treatment equipment, so that I can check pressure drop and see when I need to clean/change the filters.

Planning to use 1" SCH40, and have some flex-lines (copper or stainless) to hook up to the water softener and acid neutralizer. The main reason for having so many ball valves/unions is to be able to isolate/easily remove lines if needed. This is all installed in a garage, if that matters.

Does anyone see any issue with putting the pressure gauges on the elbows (using tees), like I have shown in the picture? Also, would you do this set-up any differently?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Plumbing.JPG
    Plumbing.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 185

Reach4

Reaction score
Put a boiler drain valve between the acid neutralizer and the softener. This can be used to sample water, but it can also accept temporarily mounting a garden hose thread pressure gauge. Acid neutralizers can become a source of pressure drop, especially if the backwash is inadequate.

That can also be a place to release pressure to change the cartridges, etc without turning off the water for the whole house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks