Where to purchase a good fleck softener system

Users who are viewing this thread

larry59

Reaction score
My softener finally sprung a leak after 20 years of service and was interested in the fleck valve on a quality tank/resin system. I had a cheap softener to begin with so I suppose I got about 19 yeas more than expected and it is not worth repairing. I need a 48k capacity. I plan on relocating/replumbing to the garage area as I am getting to old to haul salt to the basement. I have installed 3 softeners in my lifetime and am not going to pay to have one installed this time either. I was wondering if there is a reputable online dealer or a place in southern Indiana to find a system. Any help would be appreciated.

jimmyt

Reaction score
Where did you all end up purchasing from? Our GE died after 7 years.. and I have seen that I can get a fleck for about the same as the big box stores. just looking for a reputable group that sells decent tanks / resin. Our local water company is installing softening equipment, but its not due on line until 2025.. so I need to get a softener re-installed. All local groups want at least $2000 for a system.

Last edited by a moderator:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Avoid Ama*** for purchasing water treatment equipment. The majority of companies are desperately trying to find ways to make the systems cheaper by using absolute garbage components and counterfeit parts in order to be $1 cheaper.

Jeff Ho

Reaction score
Avoid Ama*** for purchasing water treatment equipment. The majority of companies are desperately trying to find ways to make the systems cheaper by using absolute garbage components and counterfeit parts in order to be $1 cheaper.

I think it's more dependent on the seller rather than Amazon as a whole....assuming that's who you were referring to.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Since it is primarily price based... and since we sell and supply for many of the online companies, trust me when I say, Ama*** is the worst for water treatment since all people look at is the price... quality will obviously suffer. Now if you are buying an exact part number, you can do ok, but an assembled component... avoid.

Aaroninnh

Reaction score
I bought my water filtration from ohiopurewater, who just basically has Nelsen dropship. See my problems about getting the wrong DLFCs and such.

It was time to replace my RO system a few months ago as I had a 20 year old Culligan AC30 that was starting to leak. I bought from purewaterproducts out of Texas. I called them and had an intelligent chat with them. They actually bring some expertise to the table.

Check them out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks