Where to get temp pressure gauge?

Users who are viewing this thread

4uzindian

Reaction score
1989 Utica boiler /dv series. this all i can find on unit .no model number . where can I order the part .the temp pressure gauge. Should I take current gauge off and start making my rounds to plumbing parts warehouses in area or do you know of on line company that could help me ?

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
1989 utica boiler /dv series. this all i can find on unit .no model number . where can i order thi part .the temp pressure gauge.should i take current gauge off and start making my rounds to plumbing parts warhouses in area or do you know of on line company that could helpme ?

Google tridicator gauge

4uzindian

Reaction score
thanks' nhmaster for answer. it's Saturday I'll start searching hopefully I'll find my part...first off I'd like to replace gauge...but i have another question. boiler runs then goes to regular mmode where it just circulates hot water thru system . i here a humm in the living room and a little in the kitchen. i put a plastic tube to my ear other end on the temp pressure gauge .it's humming.is it air in the line or is the temp gauge bad. or should i purge the line again. question 2. could i remove the current gauge and just plug the fitting with a bolt or something Just to hear the difference .temp is set at 142 in aquast . there's anew relief valve . would this be ok to do ?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Hum could be from the circulator...flowing water doesn't usually do that unless it goes through a valve with something loose that can resonate.

You don't have to have a gauge on the system, but it sure does help verifying it is working correctly, so, for a short-term solution, yes, you can buy a plug and plug the hole where it is attached (or maybe a cap, depending on whether it is male or female). But, doing that will mean draining off enough to remove any pressure, and then refilling the system, and without a gauge, it's really hard to do and get it correct! You could screw one onto a drain valve - you can buy pressure gauges that will screw right onto them or any hose bib.

4uzindian

Reaction score
to jadnashua : Thanks for informative answer. this is what i did i returned the auto vale to its original setting. I had turned it counter clockwise from 10 o'clock position to 5 o clock. this is when it was humming. turned it back to original position. it's been running since yesterday. no hum any where .i guess it wasn't a bad temp gauge. it's quite now. will not replace that. I'll keep in mind the rest of your post about the test gauge in case i might need to do this. Thanks again for your answer...to smooky as you probably read all is quite on the western front . I will look into these websites in case I ever need to buy a tridicator gauge.so for now I'll be closing this post.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks