Where to get teflon bibb seat washers

Users who are viewing this thread

Murphysf

Reaction score
Hello

My bathroom shower is the original installation from around 1955.

I have the American Standard Tract Line

It seems like every 3-5 years I need to change the bibb seat washers. I have been using the standard black ones. I heard the teflon ones will last much longer. I have a slow drip and need to replace the washer so am looking to get reconmmendations on where to get teflon washers.

I am not sure the size but the original part number for the seat washer was 441-67

See attached diagram, the item number is 11.

Thanks!!
AM_STD_tract_line.JPG

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Not seen at local suppliers. So, call around.
Local plumbing supply shop maybe-could order.
The Sink Factory in Berkeley can order virtually anything in the repair world. I'd start there...first you need to determine the size.

Murphysf

Reaction score
thanks... I just took it apart and tried some washers from an assorted pack of black washers.

It seems to be a size 0. Does this make sense for something of this vintage?

Also is 1/4 M0 the same as 0?

A 1/4 fits but it needs to be slightly pressed in.

I think I will go with size 0

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
acording to my source a 1/4 inch flat washer measures .562 a number 0 should be 17/32 or .531" 1 /32 smaller. and if this isnt screwy there are 1/4 inch small medium regular and large flat faucet. washers. id go with medium" 0" based on what you said .
.500 "00" , .531 "0", .562 1/4 reg, and right around .593 1/4 large for the largest. looks like they are available go online and purchase but while at it change those 70 year old seats

Murphysf

Reaction score
thank you for the responses

The size is 0 which is the same as 1/4M

I was warned not to use teflon as they are too stiff and will wear out the stem shaft threads.

Phil at the Sink Factory in Berkeley recommended using the green Gatorskin flat bibb washer

I will take a look at the seat.

They have been in for 70 years, do you think they will be difficult to remove?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks