Where to get new Toto rubber seat screw holders?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sawdust

Reaction score
Hello - thank you for your excellent forum. I am hoping you can help me. I have a Toto one-piece toilet. My elderly father-in-law brought a toilet seat extender to our house and wanted it installed on the toilet. (It is a piece that elevates the toilet seat by 4 inches). I took off the Toto seat, and noted that the screws went into some black rubbery-looking holes. I did not notice that the screws for the seat extender were somewhat larger than the original Toto screws. After I screwed the new screws in, the seat felt loose. I removed it and found that the black things were no longer there. In fact, I can't find them anywhere. My best guess is that the larger screws pushed them down into the holes in the toilet, although I looked with a flashlight and couldn't see them.

I noticed on another post that you mentioned "rubber drop-in anchors." Is that what these are? If so, is it possible to get replacements? I don't think mine are coming back. :)

Thank you very much for any advice!

Sawdust

Reaction score
Never mind - as no one responded, :( I kept searching, and found that these are available at Ira Wood and Guillen. FYI, it is listed as "top mount seat hardware" and comes with the rubber anchor and mounting screws.

Also you can get them from Toto

Last edited by a moderator:

Furd

Engineer
Reaction score
The originals are not "lost" but you would have to remove the toilet to recover them.

I'm pretty sure you could find them at the big blue and red box store but you would not find them in the plumbing department. They are in the little plastic pull-out bins in general hardware and fastenings. Don't bother asking any of the clerks because I'm sure they wouldn't have a clue as to what you were asking for.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks