Where to buy new Toto Drake3 model CST746CSMFG#01 locally (greater Seattle area)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ashok Kumar

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a new member to this forum, and I'd first like to express my gratitude for the useful advice available here. I'm a homeowner working through his first major home remodel, and this site has been an invaluable resource in my online "crash course" to get up to speed on the basics of plumbing related issues - specifically toilet selection.

cst746-terrylove-03.jpg

I've narrowed down my vast toilet search to 3 potential Toto models based on my requirements and budget. In order of preference, they are:
  1. SKU CST746CSMFG#01: Drake Two-Piece Toilet, 1.6 GPF & 0.8 GPF Elongated Bowl - Universal Height ~ $245
  2. SKU CST454CEFG#01: Drake II Two-Piece Toilet, 1.28 GPF, Elongated Bowl ~ $375
  3. SKU CST744SG#01: Drake Two-Piece Toilet, 1.6 GPF, Elongated Bowl - CEFIONTECT ~ $288
#2 and #3 are easily obtainable at a good price from a variety of local sellers including the blue/orange box stores. Unfortunately, I believe #1 above was just released in June (see attached screen shot of Toto June 2019 Product Bulletin). Accordingly, it doesn't seem to be widely available at the moment.

I can only find a very small number of online sellers offering CST746CSMFG#01. However, I shudder at the thought of purchasing a toilet from an online vendor (even one with a good reputation). Toilets are relatively large, heavy, and fragile items to ship. If there's any problem with visible/invisible damage during shipping, it can be an expensive and difficult affair to exchange them.

I'd much rather purchase a toilet from a local seller if the price is reasonable. I happen to live in Mill Creek, WA which I believe is very close to Terry's place of business. I noticed that Terry sells certain models of Toto toilets including #2 and #3. Would he consider adding the updated CST746CSMFG#01 model to his stock? Alternatively, can anyone suggest some good local plumbing supply companies in the Seattle area that might be willing to order CST746CSMFG#01?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Attachments

• Toto June 2019 Product Bulletin.jpg
    Toto June 2019 Product Bulletin.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 423

Reach4

Reaction score
How about an Aquia?

Last edited:

Ashok Kumar

Reaction score
How about an Aquia?

I considered the Aquia during my selection process, but I crossed it off my list.

I'm primarily interested in figuring out how I can purchase CST746CSMFG#01 without resorting to an online vendor. That's really the main purpose of my post. At this point, I've already decided what I want. I just don't know the best way to buy it. If I don't succeed, I can always fall back with a purchase of the original Drake or Drake II.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Please, please, please...pick up the telephone and call Terry Love, our founder and moderator. You can speak to him personally and as one of the top Toto sellers in the United States, I am entirely-confident that he can get any Toto that you want. If the local Toto warehouse has it or can order it, Terry can procure it for you. It's not a matter of having it in his stock; he'll order it and it will come quickly.

You're an easy customer because you know the exact model and color that you want. His prices are very fair. So are his installation prices if you want some help with it. He's a great guy. He is local to you if you're in Seattle. (206) 949-5683

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
PS What's actually shocking about that bulletin that you attached is that Toto appears to be discontinuing all of the Regular Drake models. Wow.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
cst746-terrylove-10.jpg

CST746CSMFG-01

cst746-terrylove-11.jpg

The side profile.

cst746-terrylove-14.jpg

Some dual flush action.

cst746-terrylove-06.jpg

The light flush is pushed forward and the heavy flush it pulled toward you.

cst746-terrylove-17.jpg

Am I looking at a 2.5" trapway?

cst746-terrylove-08.jpg

The new Drake series. Comes standard with CEFIONTECT glaze on the whites. A washdown bowl with two outlets at the top of the bowl that spin the rinse.

cst746-terrylove-05.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have not used it yet.
Updated: My son Jamie installed one at his home. I'm going to call the new model Drake3 from now on. It's a totally different product and anything I've ever said about a Drake in the past does not apply to this new one.

Very shallow bowl for a man, difficult to keep clean, the fill valve failed after a month.
He tossed it out and installed a Drake 2 CST454CEFG as a replacement.
ct746cugt40-spec-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks