Where to branch?

Users who are viewing this thread

kmaum

Reaction score
This is a great forum so thanks in advance.

I am running a new plumbing system in an old house and I'm planning out where to run the supply lines. Sizing (based on the tables I saw on this site) show that everything is basically going to need the same size supply lines. That being said, here's my question:

Does it matter where you branch off?

Attached are two different layouts. In one, I branch everything very close to the main coming in. In two, I go out from the main, then branch off. It's basically the same number of split-offs, so is one better than the other?

Attachments

• main house - option 1.bmp
    11.8 KB · Views: 264
  • main house - option 2.bmp
    14.1 KB · Views: 248

kmaum

Reaction score
Most likely it will be CPVC. I saw the note that it has a smaller bore so I was going to use a 1" supply (equal to 3/4).

Racer814

Reaction score
advantage to branching off individually at the heater on your hot runs is that you can take a more direct route to each bath and use smaller diameter runs so you won't have to wait on it to get hot

no advantage to running cold lines individually...IMO

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks