Where should I mount rain indicator?

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by CountryBumkin, Jan 15, 2016.

1. CountryBumkin

CountryBumkin Active Member

I bought a Rain Bird "rain indicator" to shut off sprinkler system when its raining, but not sure where to mount it. It would be easiest to put on the side the house but then it would be under the roof soffit - so it probably wouldn't be catching any rain water.
    Can I attach it to the trunk of my Crepe Myrtle tree? Or does it need to be on a pole by itself?

2. Smooky

Smooky In the Trades

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. CountryBumkin

Thanks Smooky. I should have thought to go to Rain Bird website and look for instructions.

5. hj

hj Master Plumber

Plumber
    Don't you have a fence you can mount it on?

6. CountryBumkin

I'm hoping to avoid running any wire underground - so I want to keep the device close to the side of the house. I'm thinking that I will mount it to the fascia board (I don't have gutters) of the house just below the roof drip-edge but on a bracket so it extends out enough to not get any roof run-off. Maybe 12 inches out. Then I can run the wire into the soffit and to my irrigation controller on the other side of the garage wall.