Where is the pressure/water going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Banjo Bud

Reaction score
im in a pickle. My Gould’s shallow well pump came on for no reason 30 minutes ago. The pressure gage read 55. The switch is set to 40-60 and the CSV is set to about 57. I turned the pump off and the gage went to zero. Perplexed, I checked all my water lines in the crawl space, all faucets, everything. No leaks. Nothing open anywhere. I checked the suction line. It’s full of water, therefore, fully primed. I turned the pump back on. It builds to 55 and stays there, never reaching the cut off set point. Turned it off, it drops to zero. We had an incident in January where the pump ran dry for about an hour. I thought for sure it was toast but after I found the problem and reprimed it, it’s been fine ever since. Any ideas?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The leak is probably somewhere after the pressure tank/switch/CSV. If you have a ball valve going to the house, close it. If the pressure doesn't fall, your leak is after the ball valve.

Banjo Bud

Reaction score
I have a shut off just after the pump. I turned it off. The pump gets to the cut off and shuts off and stays there. I open the valve and the gage immediately drops to 40 and the pump turns on. There HAS to be a leak or something on somewhere.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks