Where do i get bath/shower trim?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by jed1154, Jun 3, 2009.

  1. jed1154

    jed1154 Member

    Feb 11, 2008
    I have a problem. I was recaulking my shower pan and noticed the trim had about a 1/2" gap in it and the installers fixed that by pumping it full of caulking. I decided that was not right and tried to remove the trim, which of course broke. Now, i have no clue what its made of or where to get it! Its sort of flexible and it has flecks in it as though it were some sort of fiberglass.
    Here are some pictures. The broken piece is laying there on the bench. Where do i go and where do i start looking? Whats it called? Any help is greatly appreciated. I have never done this sort of thing before.


    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  2. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    It looks like cultured marble, and if so it was cast for your job. You really need to know who supplied it. They can make a new piece, but it might not be an exact color match because of dye lot variations.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: Where bath/shower
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Want to fix my Leaky Shower Drain - not sure where to start Nov 4, 2017
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog Completely Puzzled...The drip from nowhere? Jul 25, 2017
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog New acrylic airtub installation, where to put ledger? Nov 25, 2016
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog No water in shower and tub but water everywhere else in the house Sep 23, 2016
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog New shower valve...Where to buy? Nov 4, 2015

Share This Page