Where can I get the least expensive chrome replacement trip lever for our CST744SL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Melissa2007B

Reaction score
Please? :)

toto_thu068.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Like Plumbs said.

One note: you may see certain sites (like the big retail one) showing the product as "for ST743". That's the tank number for both Original Drakes. CST744S is the elongated combined bowl and tank and CST743S is the round bowl and tank), but both bowls take exactly the same tank, whose model number is ST743 regardless. (The bowls are C744 elongated and C743 round, so combined you get CST___).

Also, there are some non-Toto replacements that will work, but the official Toto one isn't outrageously-priced.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
it is not the same. Because this thing is made in China, they use the toto model numbers for the toto Chinese line. If they were smarter, and I may email them, they would put the American model numbers on their list. That said, one of the responders to a question on that site says that it worked on his Drake, and that it is well made. You may have to move the brass rod a bit to get it where you want it, but I certainly would try it for $9. In fact, I'm going to put this product, and its eBay equivalent, on my go to list when people are looking for a cheaper alternative.

Melissa2007B

Reaction score
I'm reluctant to buy it and find out the handle is cheap chrome plated plastic instead of metal, which I'd imagine would last longer. But I don't see any proof that the $20 something Toto part is, either?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I have several, and I always thought they were plastic. Maybe you're right. Then I guess the answer is "Metal that seems to some to be plastic."

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The 744 series needs more bending on the brass rod.
From TOTO it's the THU068

toto_thu068.jpg

The link above "might" work for the 854/853 series, normally a THU004 handle.

Melissa2007B

Reaction score
Update: I got one like Terry posted ( Thanks Terry! ) and installed it in only 5 minutes! ( If I'd known it was THAT easy, I woulda done it MONTHS ago! LOL! )

But you know what I noticed? The steel chrome handle is held in place by one screw. Now I'm thinking that maybe I could move the old matching handle ( matches the other two 744SL toilets in the house ) over to the new part, and have them all match? :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks