Where are the vents?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yinn

Reaction score
It started off with just doing some demo, and it turned into question marks. This is a double vanity, and based on what I can gather it may not be piped appropriately. The sanitary tee in a horizontal position was a tip.

Sink 1: 1.5”
Sink 2: 1.5 x 1.5 x 2.0 Sanitary Tee
Vent Stack: 2”

FC15E2A0-989F-47F9-9534-EEA1630D993E.jpeg

I was under the impression that each trap requires a dedicated vent. This would seem to me as it’s sharing a vent. Am I wrong?

It’s a first floor bath, with full basement access. The wall is a load bearing exterior wall, so there are limits on how much I can drill out, but I was thinking about adding a 1.5” pipe like this to allow venting. Hoping for a sanity check before I proceed.

EF2969B1-4F77-406A-852C-3C6B54BBB29E.jpeg

And of course I have to cut out and replace the sanitary tee with a wye.

Yinn

Reaction score
Wouldn't that just make it a horizontal wet vent?

That was my impression as well. The best guess would be that you can’t have a set vent be the dry vent?

No matter what you do for venting #1, #2 will NOT be vented because the other one drains past its connection.

There has to be some way to replumb this so it works right? I guess I could look into aav if not.

Reach4

Reaction score
There has to be some way to replumb this so it works right? I guess I could look into aav if not.
IMG_5.jpg

This could be one way. There are other ways. The wye could be a santee if that fits OK. The right-hand trap adapter could also be a santee, and get rid of the existing santee. The right santee with trap adapter would feed into a combo, and its waste would join the other drain.

Last edited:

OLD TIMER

Reaction score
its that easy.

Attachments

• FC15E2A0-989F-47F9-9534-EEA1630D993E.jpeg
    FC15E2A0-989F-47F9-9534-EEA1630D993E.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 132

OLD TIMER

Reaction score
View attachment 54150

This could be one way. There are other ways. The wye could be a santee if that fits OK. The right-hand trap adapter could also be a santee, and get rid of the existing santee. The right santee with trap adapter would feed into a combo, and its waste would join the other drain.
You've created an s-trap.

Reach4

Reaction score
You've created an s-trap.
Are you referring to my picture with the pink line? The pink is a drain line from the left trap adapter, which is on a new santee. The yellow arrows represent a vent line into the top of a new santee . That was already present in the drawing that I marked up.

The traps will be outside of the wall. The right-most trap adapter will be vented at the existing santee.

I presume the vent line on the far right is dry until the santee.

OLD TIMER

Reaction score
My mistake. now I see what your doing. my eyesight's not so good.

Attachments

• IMG_5.jpg
    IMG_5.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks