When to neck down pipe size

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by banjo bud, Oct 11, 2018.

1. banjo bud

banjo bud Member

I’ll have 1” PVC coming out of my pump. I am going to tie it into my existing county water line coming into my house. That line is 3/4” poly and is in my crawl space. My pump will be in my garage. Should I reduce to 3/4” right out of the pump? Or maybe just before the county line? Or somewhere in between. There will be maybe 6’ distance between pump and existing county pipe.

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    For a two bath home I use 1" pipe. The only time I've run 3/4" was for a one bath home.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. banjo bud

banjo bud Member

Well, there’s nothing I can do about the 3/4 that’s there. I guess I’ll run the 1” all the way to it. That’s the best I can do without replumbing the whole house. Thanks.