When taking a shower, toilet gurgles, is unable to be flushed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jim B

Reaction score
When taking a shower, toilet gurgles, and is unable to be flushed.

My son & his wife bought a new home in Florida, a month ago, and is experiencing the problem stated above.... they have a septic tank.

Any ideas of what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Jim

Reach4

Reaction score
OK. The reason I asked is that sometimes when they combine pieces, they can produce a belly in the drain line.

The symptoms indicate some kind of problem where pressures are building and are not vented to the outside. An AAV cannot vent pressure. Usually the pressure is still going to be relieved by a roof vent, but if that is not happening, some kind of belly seems probable. It may be that a plumber could figure out the problem with a camera. Such an inspection early may let them get warranty repairs on a new house. I would budget $500 or more for that. A complete inspection seems warranted.

I am not a plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks