What type of shut off valve is best

Users who are viewing this thread

Banjo Bud

Reaction score
This will be a shut off for long term. I’m tying my new well pressure line into the existing county pressure line coming into my house. Once I start the pump and all is ok, I need to shut off the county water. I will initially shut it off at the meter. However, that shut off is old and I discovered it doesnt work well enough to shut completely off. Also, once I am up and running, they will come and pull the meter out. So, I need a shut off in my crawl space that will isolate my pump and not allow any water to be going back through the county line. I don’t want to permanently cap it because I just might need it sometime in the future. Ball valve? Gate valve?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks