What type of inground sprinkler head should I purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread

TravisJJ

Reaction score
I'm going to be adding an inground sprinkler head below where the red dot is (I can only add one, and cannot add two). I'd like to have this area of my yard waterered without soaking the brick/sand patio.

Are there any sprinkler heads that spray a certain distance when facing forward and can increase in distance as they turn? If so, can you recommend them? I'd love to not miss 4 feet of grass to the left and right by setting it to only spray 13 feet.

If you have any other suggestions that may help my situation, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you in advance for your reply!

travisjj-03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
What about putting the sprinkler against the bricks where the little red car is parked? That way it would get the fence a little wet but would reach everything without getting on the brick very much.

TravisJJ

Reaction score
What about putting the sprinkler against the bricks where the little red car is parked? That way it would get the fence a little wet but would reach everything without getting on the brick very much.

Ideally, that is where I'd prefer to put the sprinkler head, but I wouldn't want to be wetting my neighbors yard everyday.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I don't know of a sprinkler head that will do that. But you might just put a little deflector cover over the sprinkler so when it shoots that direction the deflector determines how far it goes.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
I only know of pop up spray heads that can do what you need. You can get up to 15 ft distance but you need the right pressure. I would call K-Rain, they are in Florida. The male and female designation is the thread. Go with a center strip and place it 1/2 way to the fence or get a side strip pattern. You can get these at HD or Lowes, Ace Hardware, etc.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks