What Toto line has a large rinse openings just below the rim?

Users who are viewing this thread

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
My father-in-law just had two Toto toilets installed in his Condo. They are supposed to be the same models (according to what plumber told him) but one has a single (maybe dual) large water outlet opening just below the rim and the other has multiple smaller outlets below the rim.

When the seat is up and your standing the doorway you can see into this large wash-down opening and there's some iron staining in the opening so it's not clean looking (not Toto's fault but I want to avoid this view) - so I want to be sure when my time comes to get a Toto I get the model with the hidden smaller outlets under the rim.

I tried to find out the model names (maybe its specific "flush type") but none of the pictures on the Toto website show a view of inside the bowl.

Also the downloadable Toto drawings have a ".rfa" extension, which my computer can't open. I've never seen this type of file (is it a sort of zip file, or perhaps some drawing/photo format).

Reach4

Reaction score
It is called the "Double Cyclone Flushing System".

I suggest you click to download the "spec sheet" for the toilet you are interested in. For example, on https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst474cefg-specs.pdf see that under Specifications heading.

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
They are supposed to be the same models (according to what plumber told him) but one has a single (maybe dual) large water outlet opening just below the rim and the other has multiple smaller outlets below the rim.

Then they aren't the same model. As Reach4 says, one has the double-cyclone flush and the other has either the GMax, EMax or Power Gravity flush, all of which use rim holes. Most people love the double-cyclone, and I haven't noticed rust staining at that location on ours, but maybe it's a function of the local water or the pipes in his building...

There are several "II" (i.e. "Two") models in the Toto line. The Original Drake, for example, CST744E, has rim holes, while the Drake II has the double-cyclone flush (and an ADA-height-ish bowl and CEFIONTECT, a stain resistant coating). He might have said they were both Drakes, and that's technically true, perhaps, but they are very different toilets.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
I looked at the spec sheets for various Toto models, but those drawings don't show the openings in the bowl. Now that I know those openings (I don't like) are called "double cyclone flush" I know what to avoid.
I appreciate the help.

Reach4

Reaction score
Most people love the double-cyclone, and I haven't noticed rust staining at that location on ours, but maybe it's a function of the local water or the pipes in his building...
Try putting a few drops of colored water at the bottom of the openings. Ideally there would be a slope that would keep water from sitting there.

That might be a good place to wax with car wax while the toilet is new.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
... there's some iron staining in the opening ...

The you will probably need to get something like the Drake 1.28gpf ADA or the Drake 1.6gpf regular height. The iron stains will still form but you can clean it with a rust remover, like Lime-Away, CLR, etc. The hard part will be getting rid of the stains from under the rim. Me, personally, I would prefer to clean two large holes rather than 50 little holes. I'd soak a sponge with CLR and then plug up the two cyclone holes and let the CLR drip out slowly. Figure about once every 3 to 6 months.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks