What toilet do you recommend in the $500 price range?

Users who are viewing this thread

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I plan to replace my old (1990) 5-gal flush toilet with a new "comfort height, elongated bowl toilet". I also plan to install a bidet seat (I currently have an Alfa Bidet JX seat on another toilet, and would probbaly get the same model for this one (unluss someone has a better recommendation)

I know the Toto brand is preferred/recommended by the professionals on this site, but that brand costs around $1000.
What (brand/model) do you recommend for someone with a budget in the $500 range? I think a 1.6 gal flush would be best.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The new Drake model, CST776CEFG is selling for $280 in the Seattle area.
The 1.6 version would be CST776CSFG

cst776cefg-terrylove-07.jpg

$280.00 is a lot less than $1,000.00
Which ones are you looking at? I used to ship out of Florida years ago.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I want to thank you for replying and providing the model number. That looks like the toilet I want.
It's in the price range I'm looking in - around $460 (at Lowes) - which I assume is their retail price (as opposed to a "builders" or "commercial/business" price. Home Depot doesn't carry this model anymore (according to their website). I don't want to buy on-line and risk shipping damages (which always seem to occur for me when I buy a heavy item and have it shipped).

Also thanks for providing the full part number (it can get confusing sorting through the models on the Toto site).

I assume the color "01 - Cotton" is what you show above (Toto has a "Colonial White" too). I want to match the tub and sinks that will be white (which I have not purchased yet).

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks