What the?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Republicans have been unwilling to consider raising new tax revenues to counter the growing budget deficits, while the Democrats have been opposed to cutting popular healthcare and welfare programmes for pensioners and the poor.

Meanwhile, today the Republican-controlled House of Representatives was set to vote on a so-called "cut, cap and balance" resolution.

That would impose severe and immediate spending cuts, cap future government spending at a certain percentage of the national economy, and call for an amendment to the US constitution to require Congress to pass a balanced budget.

Hmm.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
The last thing you need is a balanced budget in an economic downturn. The same with capping.

You need stimulus.

Under their plan, the economy would really go to the dogs every time there was a dip.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
The economy is like a rabid feral cat. You need a cap and a annual reduction plan with higher taxes. for the RICH

My friend and wife make 22,000$ a year, got a $1300 reduction on a credit card by negotiation in 2009 and forgot to show it as "income", and just got a bill for $1200.

they have 3 kids and the penalty part is only $50.

Our government preys on the poor because they cant afford to fight.

If not paid by 2 weeks, interest starts at 27%.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
That's the most sensible thing I have ever heard Ballvalve say.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Its usually more fun to irritate you.

But I fear the rich will move their offices to St. Kits Island.

We have some good luxury taxes, but now they sail their yachts 200 miles out and make the transaction.

Tax luxury items like cars over 30,000$ [extra for imports] ATV's, dirt bikes and especially those insidious water jets...

I must wonder about a society where the family truck has 400 HP, requires a ladder to get in, and my bulldozer would take out your house with 86 HP in about 4 minutes.

OR a 45,000 pound excavator with 167 HP. Can pull out an 18" diameter tree in wet weather straight out.

Last edited:

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Oh hell you are all hypocrits. You know damn well that if you won Mega Bucks you would do an instant 180 and become one of the chosen people. LOL It's easy to say tax the rich until you are one

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks