What solenoid to replace this one?

Users who are viewing this thread

edsly42

Reaction score
Hi,
I think I've got a bad solenoid (one zone won't turn on when it should but if I manually twist the solenoid, it turns on). There's no brand or size on it, so I've gone to ace hardware and HD and can't find a matching solenoid. The part that screws into the valve appears to be smaller/narrower on the one I'm trying to replace than on the ones I've found at the store. Any ideas where to find one? I'm guessing it's a 3/4" because I saw the ones at Ace were labeled 1" and they were too big. Thanks

solenoid 2.jpg solenoid 3.jpg solenoid.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
You’ll need to look up an irrigation supplier. If you have a volt ohm meter you can test it if it is good. But first at the valve with the zone turned on you should read about 24 volts ac from the controller. If not measure it at the controller. You also can connect the solenoid right at the controller and activate that zone. You should feel a little click from the solenoid and usually indicates that it is good. You can reinsert the solenoid and by slightly backing off the solenoid after it bottom out will cause the water to flow thus ruling out the valve. The solenoid stem barely moves.

Another easy way is to swap it with one from another zone valve. This video show how the valve works and notice the location of the manual screw.

This is a good online supplier and I put in 811 in their search bar and this popped up. http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Irritrol-Sprinkler-Valve-Solenoid-p/r811-24vacg.htm

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks