What should I use to reseal a drain to a bath fitter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Eric Brinton

Reaction score
We bought a house with a bath fitter (ugh, I know). The bath fitter got water under it (between the base of the fitter and the actual tub), the likeliest candidate seems to be because of the drain's seal having been broken.

We pulled the drain up to allow the water to empty as best we could. Please note that we know this is a temporary solution, and that mildew is on the horizon. We just want to make the tub work again, and hopefully plug the leak, until we can get a more permanent solution, like ripping out the bathroom.

Since Bath fitter is basically plastic garbage, what's the best product to use to seal the drain down to the bath fitter, since the bathfitter does flex slightly when you step on it and shower? We are going to use "Plumber's Goop", unless someone has a better idea?

Thanks for all your help,
A disgruntled new homeowner

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks