What should I do with this sump pump pit?

Users who are viewing this thread

mbmsv

Reaction score
Hello experts,

This is a repost from another forum where so far nobody has replied to me. I am hoping this is OK.

I have this pit in my house and everything about it seems wrong but I am not sure how I can make it right. Please forgive my ignorance but I am not sure I even understand everything here... The big black cylinder seems to be a check valve for the sewer but then what is the white pipe in the pit? Is that the storm drainage pipe? What is the small black pipe, which is cut open?

Any help in understanding this situation and any advice on how it should be re-worked will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

IMG-20190421-202711212.jpg

IMG-20190421-203229789.jpg

IMG-20190421-203040142.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
but then what is the white pipe in the pit? Is that the storm drainage pipe? What is the small black pipe, which is cut open?
It looks to me as if the white pipe is a drain line just passing through.

Odd construction.

The black pipe coming in above the white pipe would probably be some ground water water input for the sump to pump away.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks