What should be done when chlorinating well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gsaunders

Reaction score
A well company came out and fractured our well to attempt to get more flow. We were getting 1/8th gallon per minute.

After fracturing he said they would measure the new flow rate in 3 or 4 days, but in the meantime he chlorinated it. Basically he poured chlorine in the system.

He told me not to wash any clothing for several days and just use the showers and toilets. I didn't know anything about wells so I had no clue what to ask.

So we did what he said and didn't wash clothes until our water was completely clear again. It had this slightly brownish cloudy look for about 4 days.

We didn't drink the water and didn't wash clothes. We simply took showers and flushed the toilets a lot.

I have a feeling he should have done something more than just put chlorine tablets in the water, but don't know if that is the case.

We also have a kinetico water system with the resin beads. I don't know if how chlorine would effect my system or anything else.

Your wisdom would be appreciated.

G

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Your guy is somewhere beneath a bonehead and a dimwit.

Read the sticky above for how to chlorinate the well, and give this thief a copy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks