What settings should we have on my new water softener fleck 5600

Users who are viewing this thread

Lizzard2

Reaction score
What SETTINGS should I try on my new water softener? 2 adults and 2 teens ( that's 55 gallons of hot water, lol ), well water, well runs 5 gallons per minute , PH was 6 before neutralizer tank. ion days to? how do I choose a regeneration day? I read 7 to 14 days, is that based on our water use and water test? Some here says I can go to 30 days. Please explain more.

I read about getting a SEDIMENT PREFILTER before the softener tank. We have to change our small 2"x10" ? whole house carbon filter about ever two months, it slows the water flow to almost zero. It's after our neutralizer right now. Maybe one with a drain at the bottom. Should we do that and how, so we don't damage our pressure tank, well pump etc. when it gets completely clogged ?

Thank you guys for any info.

Attachments

• 3-9water test.pdf
    20.8 KB · Views: 187

Reach4

Reaction score
well water, well runs 5 gallons per minute , PH was 6 before neutralizer tank. ion days to? how do I choose a regeneration day? I read 7 to 14 days, is that based on our water use and water test? Some here says I can go to 30 days. Please explain more.
Water test is after the neutralizer then. You will set an upper limit on how long to go between regenerations (DO: day override), the metering will normally control the actual days. With no detected iron, you can probably make DO 28 to 30.

I read about getting a SEDIMENT PREFILTER before the softener tank. We have to change our small 2"x10" ? whole house carbon filter about ever two months, it slows the water flow to almost zero. It's after our neutralizer right now. Maybe one with a drain at the bottom. Should we do that and how, so we don't damage our pressure tank, well pump etc. when it gets completely clogged ?

You don't want a 2x10 carbon filter! The backpressure is terrible. You could replace that with a much courser filter and/or a bigger filter. For now, see if you can buy a 100 to 50 micron cartridge for that existing filter. It will catch any sand, but you may want to give filter choice further attention.

There is a 5600 softener that is not digital. You probably have a 5600SXT, which has a digital display.

You have significant magnesium that the softener must deal with.

Before giving you numbers, how large is your new softener resin tank? 10x54 inches or what? Or what size rating is it listed at? "48000 grains" or what?

Bannerman

Reaction score
Is that a Fleck 5600 (time clock, you program which days to regenerate), a 5600 Econominder ( mechanical meter demand), or a 5600SXT (digital meter demand)?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks