What length fittings to leave for Grohe fixtures?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sokolq55

Reaction score
I'm starting to tile, and ideally would like to have anything sticking out from the drop elbows nicely sealed to the tile backer board before I tile. Problem is I'm not sure what length I'll ultimately need and not sure I'm reading these instructions from Grohe correct.

The holes are for 1 - regular shower arm, 2 - tub spout, and 3 - wall union for handheld shower. The regular shower arm I'm assuming doesn't need to account for anything since it just screws into the drop elbow.

Below would be an example of their instructions for a tub filler and for a handheld shower.

Can you please advise? Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 5.49.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 5.49.32 PM.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 5.55.30 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 5.55.30 PM.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 95

Sokolq55

Reaction score
Also, what sized holes should I leave in the tile for these things? I'm trying to go as small as possible. Would 1" be too small?

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
on the wall elbow, have just all the threads exposed on your brass nipple.
I would need to have the spout in hand to commit on that.
It is so easy to silicone caulk the tub brass nipple to the tile that we never worry about sealing the wall board at all.
Trim wise, the Grohe is my favorite...especially the tub spouts with brass adapter slip fit setup.

Sokolq55

Reaction score
on the wall elbow, have just all the threads exposed on your brass nipple.
I would need to have the spout in hand to commit on that.
It is so easy to silicone caulk the tub brass nipple to the tile that we never worry about sealing the wall board at all.
Trim wise, the Grohe is my favorite...especially the tub spouts with brass adapter slip fit setup.
Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks